We celebrate the return of the War Rocket Ajax/Comics Alliance roundtable and the close of our unofficial Ladies’ Month by welcoming CA Editor-in-Chief Laura Hudson and correspondent Bethany Fong to the show to discuss just how DC fared with the past month of new number-one issues, potential tattoo ideas, what we’d cancel from the New 52, best-and-worst CA moments, and a ton more! Plus, find out what has laid Chris Sims so low this past week and find out what the iTunes hold-up is.
Download the Destructiveness Now! (link)
Or Destroy Your Ears Here:
- Follow Laura and Bethany on Twitter, and be sure to check out Bethany’s two Tumblrs!
- The fake comic cover above, by artist Brodie Brockie, comes from the super-awesome DC Fifty-Too! blog. There’s a ton of great art there, and so many versions of titles that would have been great to see in the real DC reboot.
- This poll: A sign of a world in the gutter or a big hoax? U-decide!
- Creator Dan Harmon saw to it that Community‘s writing staff was half women.
- Be sure to read Chris’ review of Flash #1.
- What would Chris Sims get tattooed on his back? This.
- Tom Fowler’s illustration of Berko Shemets from The Yiddish Policeman’s Union is amazing.
- iTunes says it could take as long as three weeks to get the show into the store. Sorry, guys.
- Chris’ checks and recs: Computer woes; his new comic, Dracula the Unconquered
- Matt’s checks and recs: Seeing Black Star in concert, The Yiddish Policeman’s Union
- Music used: Black Star, “Brown Skin Lady”
Comics Talked About:
- The last batch of DC reboot #1s
- Amazing Spider-Man #670
- Secret Avengers #17
Shameless Self Promotion:
- The @FakeAPStylebook book, Write More Good, is still available to buy right here!
- Check out Sims at The ISB, Comics Alliance, his webcomic Awesome Hospital, as well as the complete Solomon Stone at ActionAgeComics.
- Check out Matt’s Fake e-Etiquette Twitter feed, his webcomic Copernicus Jones, his Tumblr and the ISS.
- Check out all Euge’s music at AdamWarRock.com.
- Check out Max Huffman on Twitter, or at his site.
- Check out Rusty Shackles on Twitter, or at his site.
Remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast_at_gmail.com!