Episode 105 – What’s Up, Mermaid? f/Jeremy Whitley March 19, 2012Posted by Matt in : Episodes , trackback
This week we welcome Jeremy Whitley, writer of the fairy-tale/adventure comic, Princeless! We discuss how he managed to land a publisher for a comic so outside the typical comics fan’s purview, what he learned from the various Disney princesses, what you learn at a convention, which ’80s movie would make the best fairy tale, whether a certain royally named celebrity will make an appearance in an upcoming issue, and much more! Plus, we answer a listener question about a form of entertainment very close to Chris’s heart.
Download the Destructiveness Now! (link)
Or Destroy Your Ears Here:
- Check out Jeremy’s Twitter, as well as the Princeless Tumblr and the Firetower Studios website!
- VCU coach Shaka Smart: Secretly Edward Norton?
- Bennett from Commando really dug chainmail.
- Who’s the best Disney Princess? U-Decide!
- Be sure to read Chris’s review of Tintin (which Matt did see this weekend, and which was amazing).
- Mitchell and Webb’s wonderful parody of Kitchen Nightmares.
- This song is so good.
- Chris’ checks and recs: Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, Tintin on DVD
- Matt’s checks and recs: Kitchen Nightmares, First Aid Kit’s The Lion’s Roar
- Music used: The Stranglers, “Princess of the Streets”
Comics Talked About:
- Suicide Squad #7
- Saga #1
- Journey Into Mystery #635
Shameless Self Promotion:
- The @FakeAPStylebook book, Write More Good, is still available to buy right here!
- Check out Sims at The ISB, Comics Alliance, his webcomic Awesome Hospital, as well as the complete Solomon Stone at ActionAgeComics.
- Check out Matt’s Fake e-Etiquette Twitter feed, his webcomic Copernicus Jones, his Tumblr and the ISS.
- Check out all Euge’s music at AdamWarRock.com.
- Check out Max Huffman on Twitter, or at his site.
- Check out Rusty Shackles on Twitter, or at his site.
Remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast_at_gmail.com!
Leave us reviews on iTunes!