Episode 108 – Loud and Handcuffed f/David Marquez April 16, 2012Posted by Matt in : Episodes , trackback
Famed cop fighter David Marquez, also the artist of Fantastic Four: Season One and Ultimate Spider-Man at Marvel, joins us for the show this week! We’ll hear how he transitioned from animation to comics, how he jumped to such high-profile projects at Marvel in less than two years of pro work, how he draws The Thing, Sue Storm’s powers, types of jam and much more! Plus, Matt and Chris address the controversial ending of Mass Effect 3! Our thoughts may shock you!
Download the Destructiveness Now! (link)
Or Destroy Your Ears Here:
- Follow David on Twitter and check out his DeviantArt site!
- Here’s that Kotaku article about David’s girlfriend having a “bigger” gamerscore than him.
- If you don’t remember what the animation in A Scanner Darkly looked like, here’s the trailer.
- Turns out, Matt had the stuff about Ben Grimm’s teeth backwards. Byrne drew ‘em, Kirby didn’t.
- Enjoy The Ultimate Warrior’s insane ramblings about lawnmowers.
- Real recognize real.
- Chris’ checks and recs: Flea market trip, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
- Matt’s checks and recs: Mass Effect 3, The Legend of Korra
- Music used: The Clash, “I Fought the Law”
Comics Talked About:
- Avenging Spider-Man #6
- Hulk #50
- Suicide Squad #8
Shameless Self Promotion:
- The @FakeAPStylebook book, Write More Good, is still available to buy right here!
- Check out Sims at The ISB, Comics Alliance, his webcomic Awesome Hospital, as well as the complete Solomon Stone at ActionAgeComics.
- Check out Matt’s Fake e-Etiquette Twitter feed, his webcomic Copernicus Jones, his Tumblr and the ISS.
- Check out all Euge’s music at AdamWarRock.com.
- Check out Max Huffman on Twitter, or at his site.
- Check out Rusty Shackles on Twitter, or at his site.
Remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast_at_gmail.com!
Leave us reviews on iTunes!