Episode 110 – I Wrote Poems, Shut Up f/Kelly Sue DeConnick April 30, 2012Posted by Matt in : Episodes , trackback
On this week’s show we power through technical difficulties to bring you our interview with Kelly Sue DeConnick, writer of the upcoming Captain Marvel series and Ghost from Dark Horse! She tells us about how a note to Neil Gaiman kicked off her career, why you can’t really get a literal translation of manga, her transition from manga adaptations to superhero comics, exactly how she feels about continuity and a ton more! Plus, we answer not one but two questions from the War Rocket Ajax Mail Rocket!
Download the Destructiveness Now! (link)
Or Destroy Your Ears Here:
- Follow Kelly Sue on Twitter and check out her website!
- Hey, remember that time Ghost made out with Barb Wire? The Dark Horse website does.
- If you don’t know the ghost bros.
- Check out the list of anti-heroes on Kelly Sue’s Tumblr!
- Once you read up on the whole thing, it’s nice to know that Marcus will be a broccoli person.
- Dare you listen to The Mancow? (Matt was on 4/25.)
- Here’s Chris’ roundup of the minicomics he got at the Fluke convention!
- Chris’ checks and recs: Fluke, The Guitars’ “High Action”
- Matt’s checks and recs: Being on the Mancow show, his 500GB Toshiba external hard drive
- Music used: The Unicorns, “Tuff Ghost”
Comics Talked About:
- Battle Scars #6
- Daredevil #11
- The Goon #39
Shameless Self Promotion:
- You can get Matt’s book, The Supervillain Handbook, here!
- The @FakeAPStylebook book, Write More Good, is still available to buy right here!
- Check out Sims at The ISB, Comics Alliance, his webcomic Awesome Hospital, as well as the complete Solomon Stone at ActionAgeComics.
- Check out Matt’s Fake e-Etiquette Twitter feed, his webcomic Copernicus Jones, his Tumblr and the ISS.
- Check out all Euge’s music at AdamWarRock.com.
- Check out Max Huffman on Twitter, or at his site.
- Check out Rusty Shackles on Twitter, or at his site.
Remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast_at_gmail.com!
Leave us reviews on iTunes!