This week, Chris and Matt sit down with Robert Venditti, writer of the new X-O Manowar series from Valiant, The Surrogates and The Homeland Directive! Rob talks about how he didn’t get into comics until was in his late 20s, how he got in with Top Shelf and Valiant, what it was like being on set of the film adaptation of The Surrogates and a ton more! Plus, we use a listener email as an excuse to talk about barbecue some more (as if we needed one)!
Download the Destructiveness Now! (link)
Or Destroy Your Ears Here:
- Follow Rob on Twitter and check out his website!
- Check out Dylan Todd’s interview with Valiant logo designer Rian Hughes.
- If you notice Rob’s sound quality changing over the course of the interview, it’s because we went from Skype to a phone call. He didn’t get attacked by a big wad of cotton or anything.
- Robert’s first comics were Astro City comics. In case you didn’t know, Astro City is great.
- Grant Morrison’s previous statements about Siegel and Shuster have been…less than totally sympathetic.
- Comics are a lot like politics, Shep.
- Overdrawn at the Memory Bank. Enjoy.
- Chris’ checks and recs: The Great Pet Debate 2012, Street Fighter: The Movie
- Matt’s checks and recs: Book stuff, Veep
- Music used: Janelle Monae, “Cold War”
Comics Talked About:
- Action Comics #9
- Earth 2 #1
- Popeye #1
Shameless Self Promotion:
- You can get Matt’s book, The Supervillain Handbook, here!
- The @FakeAPStylebook book, Write More Good, is still available to buy right here!
- Check out Sims at The ISB, Comics Alliance, his webcomic Awesome Hospital, as well as the complete Solomon Stone at ActionAgeComics.
- Check out Matt’s Fake e-Etiquette Twitter feed, his webcomic Copernicus Jones, his Tumblr and the ISS.
- Check out all Euge’s music at AdamWarRock.com.
- Check out Max Huffman on Twitter, or at his site.
- Check out Rusty Shackles on Twitter, or at his site.
Remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast_at_gmail.com!
Leave us reviews on iTunes!