Justin Pierce of the webcomic Wonderella joins us for this week’s show! We discuss what exactly Wonderella is a parody of, how it evolved into having as much political content as it does, the importance of “soon,” drawing the impossible, why Justin is often mistaken for Justine, and much more! Plus, we answer a biblical piece of listener mail and welcome Hundo Club member Ziah Grace!
Download the Destructiveness Now! (link)
Or Destroy Your Ears Here:
- Follow the Wonderella Twitter account and Justin’s own account!
- Here’s the Queen Beetle strip Chris mentioned and the octopus strip.
- Wonderella’s liquor of choice.
- Check out Chris’ review of the Archie Mega Man comic!
- While your at it, read our betting odds for DC’s next gay character.
- Ziah’s checks and recs: Comic shop antics, the Russian Night Witches
- Chris’ checks and recs: X-Con, X-Men: First Class
- Matt’s checks and recs: Unplugging, El-P’s “Cancer 4 Cure”
- Music used: Katamari Damacy Soundtrack, “The Wonderful Star’s Walk is Wonderful”
Comics Talked About:
- Irredeemable #37
- Astonishing X-Men #50
- Batman Incorporated #1
Shameless Self Promotion:
- You can get Matt’s book, The Supervillain Handbook, here!
- The @FakeAPStylebook book, Write More Good, is still available to buy right here!
- Check out Sims at The ISB, Comics Alliance, his webcomic Awesome Hospital, as well as the complete Solomon Stone at ActionAgeComics.
- Check out Matt’s Fake e-Etiquette Twitter feed, his webcomic Copernicus Jones, his Tumblr and the ISS.
- Check out all Euge’s music at AdamWarRock.com.
- Check out Max Huffman on Twitter, or at his site.
- Check out Rusty Shackles on Twitter, or at his site.
Remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast_at_gmail.com!
Leave us reviews on iTunes!