Episode 115 – Laid Low f/ Adam Warren June 4, 2012Posted by Matt in : Episodes , trackback
The man behind Empowered, Dark Horse’s Dirty Pair, Livewires and Iron Man: Hypervelocity, Adam Warren, is our guest this week! He tells us about how Empowered emerged from art commissions, his time at the Kubert School, how his Dirty Pair comics were almost a direct adaptation of the manga, a Marvel project that never happened, drawing in a smaller format and much more! Plus, another reading from Thrasher magazine!
Download the Destructiveness Now! (link)
Or Destroy Your Ears Here:
- Follow Adam on Twitter and check out his DeviantArt site!
- Here’s the (NSFW) io9 piece on superhero porn that mentions Empowered.
- Zander and Kevin Cannon learned that drawing in a smaller format makes things faster, too.
- Hey, what’s the Patty Griffin song Adam was talking about? Give us your best guess in the comments!
- You can get Skullkickers #6, which has stories from Adam and Chris on Comixology!
- Matt’s Tumblr post about Fez. And his and Daniel Butler’s LBFA guest strip!
- Chris’ checks and recs: Buying wrestling t-shirts, Anno Dracula: The Bloody Red Baron
- Matt’s checks and recs: Famous rapper Krispy Kreme, Fez
- Music used: David Bowie, “Cat People”
Comics Talked About:
- Wolverine and the X-Men #11
- Amazing Spider-Man Annual #39
Shameless Self Promotion:
- You can get Matt’s book, The Supervillain Handbook, here!
- The @FakeAPStylebook book, Write More Good, is still available to buy right here!
- Check out Sims at The ISB, Comics Alliance, his webcomic Awesome Hospital, as well as the complete Solomon Stone at ActionAgeComics.
- Check out Matt’s Fake e-Etiquette Twitter feed, his webcomic Copernicus Jones, his Tumblr and the ISS.
- Check out all Euge’s music at AdamWarRock.com.
- Check out Max Huffman on Twitter, or at his site.
- Check out Rusty Shackles on Twitter, or at his site.
Remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast_at_gmail.com!
Leave us reviews on iTunes!