This week we welcome the co-publishers of the brand new Monkeybrain Comics brand on Comixology, Chris Roberson and Allison Baker! With them, we discuss how the whole venture came together, who they’re working with, rubber, roads, pie, book formats, Roberson’s own book on the imprint, salsa, the fallout (or lack thereof) of his public divorce from DC Comics and a ton more! Plus, Chris and Matt jab about some cereal for a while.
Download the Destructiveness Now! (link)
Or Destroy Your Ears Here:
- Follow Chris and Allison on Twitter!
- Be sure to check out MonkeybrainComics.com for updates on what’s coming!
- It’s the last day of Adam Warrock’s donation drive! Help him out!
- What’s in a gimlet? U-Decide! (And for good measure, familiarize yourself with the Caipirinha.)
- Peer into the abyss of madness.
- Chris’ checks and recs: Heroes Con, Where Eagles Dare
- Matt’s checks and recs: Also Heroes Con, Hark! A Vagrant! HC
- Music used: Madvillain, “Monkey Suite”
Comics Talked About:
- Justice League #10
- League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Century: 2009
- Spider-Men #2
Shameless Self Promotion:
- You can get Matt’s book, The Supervillain Handbook, here!
- The @FakeAPStylebook book, Write More Good, is still available to buy right here!
- Check out Sims at The ISB, Comics Alliance, his webcomic Awesome Hospital, as well as the complete Solomon Stone at ActionAgeComics.
- Check out Matt’s Fake e-Etiquette Twitter feed, his webcomic Copernicus Jones, his Tumblr and the ISS.
- Check out all Euge’s music at AdamWarRock.com.
- Check out Max Huffman on Twitter, or at his site.
- Check out Rusty Shackles on Twitter, or at his site.
Remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast_at_gmail.com!
Leave us reviews on iTunes!